BE A HELPER
Become a Family Helper and make a difference in someone’s life!
Family Helpers is a full-service domestic placement agency that has provided child, elder and home care Helpers to thousands of families in the greater Westchester County. We are here to help guide you through the interviewing and hiring process, and work with you and your new employer to streamline the transition.
Our services include: part-time and full-time nannies, ill-child care, date night/weekend sitters, hotel childcare, postpartum doulas, newborn care specialists, housekeepers, and companions for the elderly.
Why work with Family Helpers?
- We’ll assist you with your job search at NO cost to you.
- As a registered Family Helpers candidate, you will be presented with job opportunities exclusive to us and not always advertised elsewhere.
- You will receive one-on-one prep time throughout the screening process to prepare you for a successful interview and increase your chances of getting selected.
- We offer referral bonuses to our Helpers. We value and greatly appreciate these referrals.
- Helper of the Year acknowledgement: every Family Helpers’ client has the opportunity to nominate their Helper for this award and tell us why she is deserving of this title. The winner receives a reward from Family Helpers as well as recognition on our website.
Awareness and Guidance
- Every client family is thoroughly screened and completes a detailed application, including previous employees and a job description, prior to placement. We strongly encourage all families to outline their Helper’s roles, responsibilities and expectations prior to the interview process.
- We support our client families with professional human resources advice on hiring procedures, labor, and employee relations.
- We provide our client families with payroll resources along with new hire templates including a “work agreement” for a smooth onboarding transition.
- We encourage our client families to complete a “Family & Helper” work agreement. This agreement serves as a detailed job description. This ensures that candidates understand their new employer’s expectations, along wtih the overall benefits being offered.
- Family Helpers wants our Helpers to succeed! We provide ongoing support and guidance throughout the duration of your employment with one of our clients.
- In addition to being available to discuss work-related issues and concerns after placement, we host get-togethers and holiday parties for our Helpers.
- Long term relationships: unfortunately, all jobs come to an end. We will be here to assist you with your next placement.