Bring a little spring indoors with this fun craft geared towards toddlers and preschoolers.
What you’ll need:
- ½ black chenille stem
- Paper coffee filter
- Kids paint daubers
How to make it:
- Flatten the coffee filter and place it on a protected surface.
- Use the paint daubers to decorate the coffee filter.
- Fold the coffee filter accordion style, in about ½” pleats.
- Slide the pleated filter into the clothespin opening.
- Fold the chenille stem in half and slide in-between the opening of the clothespin.
- Bend the tips of the chenille stems over about ¼” to create the antennae.
- Fan out the butterfly wings out.
Once your butterfly is complete, you can use clear fishing line to hang it.
While paint daubers are wonderful for little hands, this craft can be easily adapted for older children by using watercolor paints, instead of paint daubers to decorate the butterflies wings.