Originally written and posted here.
While pregnancy is new to me, babies are not. Being a nanny has totally prepared me for this next stage in our life with our own child. I have found myself re-reading old books, now relating to them towards raising my own child.
Nannies can prepare for a new child just as expectant moms do. They can be a support to families by offering their experience along with learned knowledge from experts. I asked a question to moms and nannies on Facebook that got some great responses.
“I am writing an article on must reads with a baby on the way. What do you recommend?”
Here is the collaborative go-to list (in alphabetic order):
- A Mom’s Ultimate Book of Lists – Michelle LaRowe
- Baby 411 – Denise Fields & Alan Fields
- Baby Bargains – Denise Fields & Alan Fields
- Changing Your Word One Diaper at a Time – Marla Taviano
- Colic Solved: The Essential Guide to Infant Reflux and the Care of Your Crying, Difficult-to-Sooth Baby – Dr. Bryan Vartabedian
- Great With Child – Debra Rienstra
- Happiest Baby On the Block – Harvey Karp
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby – Dr. Marc Weissbluth
- Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting From Birth to Six Years – Jim Fay & Charles Fay
- Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way – Susan McCutcheon-Rosegg
- On Becoming Baby Wise – Gary Ezzo
- Pregnancy Sucks: What To Do When Pregnancy Makes You Miserable – Joanne Kimes
- Raising Godly Tomatoes – L. Elizabeth Krueger
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby – Tracy Hogg & Melinda Blau
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart – Tedd Tripp
- The Baby Book: Everything You Need to KNow ABout Your Baby from Birth to Age Two – Williams Sears
- The Baby Care Book: A Complete Guide from Birth to 12-month Old – Jeremy Friedma
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Pregnancy – Michele Isaacs Gliksman, Theresa Foy DiGeronimo
- The Naked Mom: A Modern Mom’s Fearless Revelations, Savvy Advice, and Soul Reflections – Brooke Burke
- The No-Cry Series – Elizabeth Pantley
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth – Henci Goer
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding – Gwen Gotsch
- Twelve Hours in Twelve Weeks: A Step-by-step Plan for Baby’s Sleep Success – Suzy Giordano
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting – Heidi Murkoff
- Your Baby’s First Year Week by Week – Glade B. Curtis & Judith Schuler
- Your Pregnancy Week by Week – Glade B. Curtis & Judith Schuler
Hopefully this list gives you some books to add to your reading list! For some reviews, sample chapters, or summary of a book check out Amazon.com
What baby book has made the biggest impression on you?