After a long day, no one wants to be stuck doing dishes. The good news is that you don’t have to with these three easy meal ideas!
Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 Frozen Pie Shell
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
Heat oil in skillet. Add onion and cook until tender.
ADD soup, milk and peas and carrots. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 min. or until the vegetables are tender. Add chicken and heat through. Add to pie crust and bake as directed.
Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinich (remove stems)
Preheat oven to 475°F. In large roasting pan, combine potatoes, onion, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and rosemary and toss to coat. Roast veggies 25 minutes, stirring once. Lightly salt and pepper chicken and add, tossing to coat and roast 15 minutes longer or until chicken is done. Place spinach over chicken mixture and roast for 5 minutes longer or until spinach wilts. Toss before serving.
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 15 oz. can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can red beans, rinsed and drained
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, green bell pepper, celery, and garlic in hot oil until tender, about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and fennel seed.
Bring to a boil and add rice. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is tender, stirring frequently.
Add beans and cover. Simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until well heated, stirring frequently.