WHY FAMILY HELPERS?
Since 1995, families in the Westchester County area have trusted us to find them high quality, well-screened domestic service Helpers. Your family deserves a caring professional with a sincere desire to work with you, and we will help you find the perfect one!
We’ve gained the trust of thousands of families by:
- Selecting only the best candidates for placement. Only 3% of candidates who contact us seeking a position are placed.
Having each candidate take a basic skills test on child development. Interviewing all candidates in person in our office and verifying professional and personal references.
- Thoroughly screening each candidate, including Social Security verification, driver’s license and sex offender check.
- Providing a detailed work history for every candidate.
- Running criminal background checks in all states where a candidate has lived/worked in the past 7 years and under all names he/she has used.
- We work with an investigation company that sends runners to the courthouse to review court documents if necessary.
Our relationship doesn’t end once you’ve hired a Helper. We are available to you on an on-going basis while your Helper is employed by you. We can answer employment questions and even provide you with back-up care when your Helper goes on vacation.
Our Screening Process
Family Helpers takes special care to ensure that all of our Helpers are thoroughly screened and have a sincere desire to work with families.
All of our Helpers:
- Complete a detailed application form
- Are personally interviewed in our office
- Have a minimum of 3 verifiable references
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Submit to a DMV (driver’s license) check
- Submit a Social Security verification
- Take a basic skills exam on child development
- Submit to a sex-offender check
In the News
As an industry expert and past president of the International Nanny Association, our founder Susan Tokayer, was frequently interviewed and quoted in leading nationally recognized publications.
Online Matching Services
Our customers frequently ask us how the increasingly pervasive online
matching services work. This is a good question and one we want to help
you address, especially because we understand that using an online service
to locate a Helper may sound appealing. With the click of a button
you’re able to access the profiles of numerous candidates and browse
through them in the comfort of your own home. However, many parents
are surprised to learn that the candidates they gain access to using an
online service are unscreened individuals who are free to create their own
profiles. Their identity is never validated and they are able to paint their
own picture of themselves, their experience and their credentials are not
unlike online dating services.
While many online services do provide background screening tools for
parents to purchase, buyers beware, these services rely on computer
databases which may provide inaccurate information.